Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Woody's Message to the Loko

Team Loko...

Moving forward with Woody...
I wanted to write to the team and be open and honest right from the start of the season.

We have a great squad, possibly the biggest squad since I even played against Loko. We've never had so many options for different positions. That's the good news. The bad news is that we only have 14 places every week.

Now that we've played some pre-season games, I have a pretty good idea how I want to shape the team and the formation I want to play.

This is a club and without the large squad we don't have a chance of winning anything. You all do a job to help this club win things and, let's face it, we are all here for the banter but at the same time we need to win.

I was asked to step in and take the poisoned chalice and do the job no-one wants to do because, trust me, you are all hard work, hahaha. All I ask is that you stick with me as I try and build the squad for the season. My selections are not personal and I am simply picking the best 14 every week so we can win and we can all share in the success.

Yes I have brought in new players and these lads will help push us even further. We all hold an opinion on who should play and who is better than each other, let me live and die by that and the squad I pick.

I want to get back the social side of the club, it's not compulsory but Matt and I feel like after the game it would be good to go and have a drink and something to eat in the club bar and chill out together. We will also be picking a date for a Xmas Party very soon. So soon that if you cancel on it, Ivan will crush you with his bare hands.

We all play for Loko, we all support Loko and, moving forward, I hope to see some of you that aren't playing coming down and shouting from the sidelines. This is what makes up a club, not a bunch of individuals who get their nose bent out of joint if they don't play.

Also we need to respect every part of how this club works....it is nothing but disrespectful not to bring the right money....wash the kit when it;s your turn....not turn up on time, etc. Ivan is the f****** main man at Loko....without him over the years there would be no club. What he says goes and any disrespect to this man will mean one thing - exclusion. He used to be a hitman as well....just saying.

Let's smash it up this season.


LONG LIVE LOKO.

Woody

No comments: